Bocce Ball Competition
Participate in the 2nd Annual Arkansas Italian Food and Culture Festival Bocce Ball Competition. Whether you’ve never heard of the game or are a competitive champion, you won’t want to miss out on this exciting game!
Get ready for an awesome bocce tournament. Registration is $160 per 2-person team–there is a maximum of 2 people per team.
Tournament payouts will be based on how many teams register – so encourage your friends to sign up to increase how much YOU CAN WIN!
- First – 45%
- Second – 30%
- Third – 15%
- Fourth – 10%
Be sure to share a cell phone number so you can receive text message updates about play times.
Before registering, review the Festival’s Bocce Tournament liability waiver form available here. After completing, paying for, and submitting your registration, a copy of this form will be shared with you via email. The form must be completed and provided to Festival Staff before your team’s game begins to be permitted entry.
Get ready for an awesome Baggo tournament. Tournament payouts will be awarded to the top four finishing teams.
Please review Baggo Tournament rules:
- Play to 21 points
- Three points in the hole, one on the board
- Throw from behind foot foul line – like a free throw
- A good throw is an 8 foot arch at a 45-degree angle
- Play the front half of the board and play the slide
- Stand opposite of your partner
- Alternate shots
- After all eight bags are thrown, calculate your score
- Points cancel out
- Last team to score on previous round, tosses first
- If bags hit the ground, it’s a dead bag and will not be re-thrown
- If a bag bounces off the caddy onto the board, it doesn’t count
- If you knock in the opponents bag, it counts for the opponent, not you
- You don’t have to hit 21 exactly, you can go over
- At no point should you be holding your opposing teams bags
- Skunk rules are NOT in effect; all games to 21 unless otherwise noted
- Flip for sides of the board to play from if there is a discrepancy; winning team designates first pitch box, losing team picks second pitch box
- Winning team reports score to the scorers table
Before completing the registration form below, review the Festival’s Baggo Tournament liability waiver form available here. After completing, paying for, and submitting your registration, a copy of this form will be shared with you via email. The form must be completed and provided to Festival Staff before your team’s game begins to be permitted entry.
Arkansas has a long history of making exceptional wine in large part thanks to our state’s rich Italian-American history. Learn how to make wine with us using your … FEET! Check out how they do it in Arkansas wine country in Altus and get ready for a great time!